What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They store certain information about the use of the site. Cookies are useful because they allow websites to recognize users’ devices. They are then sent back to the original website or to another website that it recognizes on each subsequent visit. For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of information we collect and reasons for collection
Cookies help us gain a better insight into your use of our site, so that we can offer our website visitors an optimal experience, among other things. Here are some examples of the types of information we collect through cookies:
- The number of users who visit our site, the frequency with which the site was viewed, the pages viewed, the clicks on the site and the total duration of the visit to the site;
- The name of the website that was visited prior to our site;
- Whether you visit our site for the first time or not;
- The type of browser used and your IP address, so that we can recognize you at your next visit.
We do not collect your name or e-mail address via cookies.
In addition, we can do the following with cookies:
- Tailor your website visit to your wishes: we can use information about your visit to improve your next visit to our site.
- Analyze customer trends: We collect information about visits to our site and analyze them as a whole in aggregate form. This type of research is aimed at identifying trends among visitors to our site and not at analyzing the data of a specific visitor.
Types of cookies that we use
Third party cookies
Some third parties and affiliated companies may place and read cookies on your computer. With these cookies, parts or functions of third parties can be offered on or via the site. The parties who set these third-party cookies can recognize your device when it visits our site and also when certain other websites are visited.
The types of third-party cookies that we use on the site are:
- Analysis cookies: These cookies allow us or our external analysis providers to collect statistics (aggregated and anonymous) about the use of the site by you and other visitors. With this information we can improve available functions.
To refuse these different types of cookies, follow the instructions below in the “Cookie Management” section.
Duration of the storage of cookies on your device
Our analysis cookies and third-party cookies are permanent cookies. This allows us to gain insight into the surfing behavior of visitors over a longer period. They can remain on your computer for 24 hours, a week or even a few years, depending on their function. This means that these cookies survive after your browser is closed and can be used by our site to recognize your computer when you reopen your browser later.
You can manage the preference to receive all types of cookies through your web browser. Since the way in which you can activate or disable cookies varies per web browser, you should consult your web browser’s Help menu for more information about cookie preferences. You can also configure your browser at any time to be notified of the receipt of a cookie so that you can decide whether or not to accept it. Cookies do not read the data from your hard drive and you can delete it from your computer at any time. It is currently technically impossible to synchronize your settings between your browser and your devices (your computer or your smartphone). You must specify these settings in all browsers and on all devices that you are currently using and every time you use a new browser or device. Please note that if you disable or disable cookies, this applies to all cookies.
To disable analysis cookies that are managed by our external analysis partners, use the browser disabling mechanisms described above or use the analysis opt-out mechanisms used by our analysis providers: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on